Welcome to our main directory of articles and reviews for the best value craft supplies we know of.
- How to make your own paper
- Strathmore Bristol Board
- All About Cardstock
- Product Review of Core’Dinations Cardstock Paper for Art and Crafts
Adult Coloring Books
- The Colors of Nature by Lindsay Hopkins — a coloring book, sketch book, drawing instruction manual and art journal, all in one.
- Daily Inspiration Easel Flip Book
See Also: Coloring for Adults
Markers are useful for drawing, sketching, coloring in coloring books, coloring in the details on rubber stamped images, writing the greetings on your handmade greeting cards, coloring in blocks on color knitting or crochet charts you’re designing or signing your artwork done in other media. There may be other uses, too, but these are the things I use them for most often.
I’ve reviewed the following markers here on our website:
See Also: Drawing With Markers
Inks for Rubber Stamping and Paper Crafts
- Click here to see our product review of Tim Holt Distress Ink Pads.
- Click here to shop for Distress Ink Pads at Scrapbook.com.
If you enjoy working on mixed media art projects that incorporate non-porous substances such as metal and acrylic, you’ll definitely want to take a look at these alcohol inks — which are ideal to use for applying to those types of surfaces.
Find suggestions for the best collage materials — some of which are free, and some of which you have to buy.
Getting your sewing thread organized is half the battle when it comes to finding the exact thread color you need for your next sewing project. Learn how to organize your sewing thread like a pro with the ArtBin thread storage tray.
More Excellent Craft Organizers:
- ArtBin Yarn Drum Knitting and Crochet Project Bags
- ArtBin Super Satchel Organizers
- ArtBin Solutions Cabinet for Organizing Beads and Jewelry Making Supplies
- ArtBin Crochet Hook and Needle Storage Nook
- ArtBin Mini Sidekick Multi-Purpose Craft Organizer
- ArtBin Extra Long Art Supplies Storage Case
See Also: How to Organize Yarn
Knitting and Crochet Supplies
Learn all about the best crochet hooks — brands, types and more.
Learn about the different types of knitting needles that are available and get tips for choosing the best knitting needles for the project you want to work on next.
These are our top picks for the best crochet books we know of.
…and our top picks for the best knitting books.
By Amy Solovay
About the Author: Amy Solovay is a freelance writer with a background in textile design. She holds a bachelor’s degree with a studio art minor; and she has also obtained another degree in textile design. Amy has been crocheting and making crafts since childhood, and knitting since her teenage years. Her work also appears at AmySolovay.com, KnittingandCrochet.net and Crochet-Books.com. Amy sends out a free knitting and crochet newsletter so interested crafters can easily keep up with her new patterns and tutorials. If you’re already an Instagram user, Amy also invites you to follow her on Instagram.
This page was last updated on 8-25-2019.